Pellet stove maintenance is relatively simple, but it may not be on your mind. With several strange heat “bursts” throughout the country in recent weeks, it’s hard to imagine heating season is right around the corner. The truth is, we’ll be enjoying crisp fall air in no time. It’s best to get your fall maintenance tasks done now!
Here’s a pellet stove maintenance checklist to make sure you’re ready when the time comes!
- Clean pellet stove vents inside and outside
- Pull out your pellet stove manual and read through maintenance information specific for your appliance
- If you can’t locate your manual, download one here.
- If you need to order parts or schedule service, do that right away.
- Check on fuel prices and decide what you want to burn this season. You can burn a variety of fuels and can switch mid-season. Corn is remaining low, so that will likely be a great option for many flex-fuel stove owners.
- If you plan to buy corn from a local farmer/supplier, give them a call and get on their list.
- Move furniture and other items that may have been placed in front of your appliance and/or heating vents.
- If you use your furnace fan-blower to circulate heat, make sure your ducts are clean. Professionally cleaning your ducts will improve air quality of your home.
- Change your furnace filter prior to using the blower.
- Make sure you have a supply of fuel starter on hand (if you don’t have an auto-ignition)
- Check seals around doors and windows. Replace screens with storm windows.
- Don’t forget to use our referral form to refer your friends and family to us.
- Switch your ceiling fans to push warm air down. Not sure which way that is, click here for a simple tutorial.
- Dig your ash vac out of summer storage and make sure it’s cleaned out and ready to go.
If you have questions about routine maintenance or repairs, contact our technical department now at 320-227-2902!
Cynthia sullivan says
The door will no longer open, it apparently needs new screws can you tell me where to get them
Hi Cynthia, all parts can be ordered online at this site http://www.magnumheat.com off of the ECOM store. If you need assistance in identifying any part email [email protected] and they will help you out. They would need the year, model number of your appliance and it is nice to email a picture of the problem part so they can identify it right away.
Duane (Techcenter1) says
If you are having trouble figuring out the best way to clean your appliance and the manual is not giving you quite enough information we can help. The factory has great videos and technical bulletins online that will give you a lot of information and you can download a new manual if yours has been misplaced. When you have done all that is shown and still feel that there is something plugged somewhere, the best is to email [email protected] and we will walk you through it. If you like, we have a telephone technical service that is paid and we can walk through your exact problem step by step.