Ready? Set? Go!
Get ready for winter, because it’s inevitable. Some people love winter, snow, and all things cold. Other people would just assume sit inside by the warm fire with a good book. Whatever your preference, make sure your home is ready.
10 Things to Do to Get Your Pellet Stove & Home Ready for Winter
- We’d be remiss if we didn’t tell you to get your scheduled pellet stove maintenance done, parts ordered, and fuel ready to go!
- Clean out your outside vents to make sure they are free of leaves, debris, etc.
- Change your furnace/fan filter to make sure you are circulating clean air.
- Reverse your ceiling fan blades to push heat down off high ceilings.
- Test your battery back-up.
- Change batteries and test your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check your starter gel supply if you manually start your stove or fireplace
- Find your ash vac and attachments, make sure it is empty and ready to go
- Dust off your manual and have it ready to troubleshoot, if needed. Or print a replacement manual here.
- Create at least a 3 foot “Kid-Free” zone around your stove or fireplace. Position furniture far enough away. Store books, toys, and other enticing items far away from the fireplace.
Call us if you have questions or need help getting your pellet stove or fireplace ready for winter!