For those with a variety of allergies and/or asthma, it’s important to make decisions that contribute to cleaner air in your home.
We want families to be happy, healthy, and comfortable in their homes. That’s why the MagnuM brand pellet stoves are designed to feature closed combustion. Unlike older style wood fireplaces and wood stoves, a pellet stove is self contained. Closed combustion uses a negative draft system (which means that it pulls the fire and smoke through the appliance), a sealed venting system, and a direct connect to outside fresh combustion air. These design features separate the smell and corresponding allergy dusts from the interior of the home. Helping everyone breathe cleaner, fresher air.
You can own a pellet stove and worry less about allergies in the home with these tips:
- Make sure you buy a quality appliance with a closed combustion system like the MagnuM brand pellet stoves and fireplaces
- Keep it properly maintained
- Change your furnace filters regularly, even if all you are running is the fan to help circulate heat throughout the house.
- Have your vents professionally cleaned on a regular basis
- Take care in handling and storing the fuel for your pellet stove
- If you see or smell smoke in your home, shut down your pellet stove immediately. While smelling smoke is typical of an older cord-wood burning fireplace, it is not normal for a pellet stove and indicates maintenance is needed.
If you have any questions about owning a pellet stove, give us a call.